CONTROLLERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE CUSTOMER DOES UNIQLO GATHER AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE?
• to administer and provide products and services you purchase, request or have expressed an interest in;
• processing of payments when you place an order on our Website;
• to enable us to administer any competitions or other offers/promotions which you enter into;
• for fraud screening and prevention purposes;
• for crime prevention and detection purposes;
• for marketing purposes of Uniqlo’s products;
• for record keeping purposes;
• to carry out market research so that we can improve the products and services we offer;
• to create an individual profile for you so that we can understand and respect your preferences and offer products of your interest;
• to track, personalize and improve your experience on our digital platforms;
• if you apply for a job with us, to process your job application;
• Feedback provided by you as part of customer survey either in writing or on call including voice recordings for quality and training purposes;
• for data anonymisation
When we provide you with products or services, we may collect and store any personal information that you provide to us. We may, for example, keep a secure record of your name, address, date of birth (if necessary), delivery address, email address, telephone number and payment card details.
CONSENT TO CONTACT OVER SMS/CALL
If you have provided Uniqlo with your phone number, you acknowledge and accept that Uniqlo may call you and / or send SMS to inform you about your order and / or any offers. BY providing the contact number, you expressly consent to Uniqlo contacting you for the said purposes even if your number is registered with the National Do Not Call Registry / registered for DND. .
INFORMATION THAT IS COLLECTED
Here are the types of information Uniqlo gathers:
Information You Give Us: The Website/App receives and stores any information you enter on our Website/App or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features and the shopping experience may not be optimised for you. Uniqlo uses the information that you provide for purposes such as responding to your requests, customising future shopping for you, improving our platform, and communicating with you.
Automatic Information: Uniqlo receives and stores certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses the Website or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of the Website on other Web sites. Uniqlo may also receive/store information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information for internal analysis and to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content.
Email Communications: To help Uniqlo make emails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open email from Uniqlo if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. In case you do not want to receive the emails, you may unsubscribe from the mailing list anytime.
Information from Other Sources: The Website might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
We may be required to share the aforesaid information with government authorities and agencies to verify identity or for prevention, detection, or investigation, including cyber incidents, prosecution, and punishment of offences. You agree and consent for Website to disclose your information, if so required, under applicable laws.
• Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and provide features such as Recommended for You, Personalised Advertisements, etc. on other websites and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
• If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
HOW DOES UNIQLO USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IT COLLECTS ABOUT CUSTOMERS?
Uniqlo uses information about our customers for the specific purpose for which it was collected. For example, we may use information:
a. To create and manage your online account.
b. To facilitate your purchase, return or exchange either online or at one of our retail stores.
c. To facilitate your participation in contests or promotions.
d. To provide you with information about products or services that you request from us or which we feel may be of interest to you, by email, text message or postal mail.
e. To operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; analyzing and enhancing our products, services and Site).
f. To understand our customers and to perform data analyses and other processing (including market and consumer research, trend analysis, and anonymization).
g. To respond to your comments or questions, or application for employment.
h. As otherwise required or permitted by law.
In addition, if you supply us with your postal address online and request to receive postal mail from UNIQLO and its partners, we may send you periodic mailings with information regarding a new collection, new products, new store locations, or upcoming promotional offers or events. Sometimes we also send offers to selected groups of UNIQLO customers on behalf of other businesses / affiliates. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not wish to receive such mailings and email updates please click unsubscribe given at the bottom of our emails.
HOW DOES UNIQLO DISCLOSE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IT COLLECTS ABOUT CUSTOMERS?
• We share information on a limited basis with our parent company and affiliates who provide services on our behalf. We also share it on a limited basis with service providers we use from time to time to provide services on our behalf, such as sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, and providing customer service..
• Your information may be maintained and processed by our parent company, affiliates and service providers in the US or other jurisdictions. While in these jurisdictions, your information may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities in accordance with applicable laws.
• In case UNIQLO, or substantially all of its assets are acquired or proposed to be acquired by one or more third parties as a result of a merger, sale, consolidation or liquidation, customer information may be disclosed in connection therewith.
HOW SECURE IS THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
• We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input in addition to maintaining security of your information as per the International Standard IS/ISO/IEC 27001 on "Information Technology Security Techniques Information Security Management System-Requirements".
• We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
• We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards connected with collection, storage and disclosure of personal information (including sensitive personal information). Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
• It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children under the age of 18 and use of our Platform is available only to persons who can form a legally binding contract under the Indian Contract Act, 1872. If you are under the age of 18 years then you must use the Platform, application or services under the supervision of your parent, legal guardian, or any responsible adult.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Certain activities through the Website, such as special promotions, may be linked with those from other unrelated third-party companies that offer you the option to share your personal information with a third party. We will not share your personal information with those third-party companies; only you can if you make that choice.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Push Notifications: If you are a registered user of the App, you may receive notifications in the Notifications section within the App, such as: sale offers, new product launch, marketing notifications and all other similar activities. With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device even when you are not logged in.
Location Information: When you use the App, after obtaining your consent, we may collect and use your precise (or GPS) location information collected from the App to enhance your use of the App by providing you with information regarding nearby stores etc. Please note that turning off location services may affect certain features of our App.
NOTICES OF REVISION
If you have any concern about privacy or grievances at the Website, please contact us with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN
Uniqlo has utmost regard for your privacy and in case you want to exercise ‘right to be forgotten’, please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org